Thursday, June 23, 2011

My Cute Genes Cloth Diaper Review!!!

I would like to introduce you all to a new cloth diaper WAHM that I have been able to review the past few weeks. Her name is Stacy Mojica and she is the My Cute Genes cloth diaper creator. My Cute Genes diapers are similar to the Flips system. They have a fold in the front and back to tuck the ends of the insert into. When the diaper gets dirty you simply change the insert instead of the whole diaper.


Since I have spoken to many of you who have been in search of military themed diapers, I decided to review the Green Genes pattern. The Green Genes pattern is the Army ACU pattern with gray PUL. It has matching snaps and a velcro strip on the back that you can add a patch to. Stacy offers the U.S. Army patch or she can order a name patch that simply attaches to the velcro strip on the back.


My daughter has chunky thighs and a thinner waist and these diapers were able to be adjusted to fit her perfectly! They have a PUL gusset on the legs to help prevent any leaks. My daughter even wore these at night with no leakage!

These diapers are One Size. They have multiple rows of snaps to adjust the size and waist. The site says up to 32 lbs but my daughter is 35 lbs and she still had 2 sets of snaps in the waist and the rise was still perfect even though she is taller.

The inserts are made of layers of suedecloth, zorb, and a hemp/cotton blend. She also offers a microfleece alternative for those allergic to suedecloth. These inserts have fold down lines and use the same insert no matter what size you have the diaper set to.

As most of you know, my husband is not very interested in cloth diapers. He likes that they save him money but he won't change one unless he is the only one home. However, when we openned the package, he was automatically interested. He said that this was the best looking diaper he has seen yet and he was very impressed with the quality and construction. After the first use, he couldn't believe how well the soaker absorbed. He even showed his friends when they visited!!! I don't know many men who are so impressed with a diaper that they would brag about it to friends. :)

We did run into a problem with shipping originally, thanks to the post office not taking care of packages. By the time the package got here, the diaper had 2 small tears and everything was soaking wet. I notified Stacy immediately and told her that it wouldn't affect function and not to worry about it. However, she sent me an email the next day that she was replacing it for me and it would be out asap. She even sent the new diaper Express for me. It was a learning process that was quickly solved. She sent the new diaper in a waterproof, tear proof bag that worked wonderfully!

Stacy also sends her diapers already prepped and ready to use straight from the package. She includes a pamphlet that explains every aspect of the diaper and how to use it. She also includes wash instructions. The wash instructions are very easy to do. These diapers are made to withstand high heat.
I was able to wash them with my normal routine of cold prewash, hot wash with detergent, and warm rinse.

I absolutely love these diapers because of the easy fit adjustments, absorbency, and they are just sooooo cute!!!! Please check out her new site and see the other diapers and items she has to offer.
My Cute Genes

No comments:

Post a Comment